[comp.unix.i386] AT&T quadruple symetric 33Mhz 486 Unix box.

pascal@altitude.CAM.ORG (Pascal Gosselin) (07/05/90)

The subject says it all....

   Is this machine available?  How does it compare to the SystemPro?
Which versions of Unix will it run?

   Benchmarks, anyone???  This thing can be equipped with 4 80486 processors,
so it should smoke decently (it's EISA).

| Pascal Gosselin          |    Internet: pascal@altitude.CAM.ORG    |
| Gest-Mac Inc. Apple VAR  |    (514) 939-1127     CIS: 72757,1570   |

dpi@loft386.uucp (Doug Ingraham) (07/07/90)

In article <1990Jul5.004108.6587@altitude.CAM.ORG>, pascal@altitude.CAM.ORG (Pascal Gosselin) writes:

>    Benchmarks, anyone???  This thing can be equipped with 4 80486 processors,
> so it should smoke decently (it's EISA).

I don't have any answers, but smoke is one thing I usually try to avoid
when dealing with electronics :-).

--
Doug Ingraham (SysAdmin)
Lofty Pursuits (Public Access for Rapid City SD USA)

news@pegasus.com (0000-Usenet News(0000)) (07/08/90)

>>    Benchmarks, anyone???  This thing can be equipped with 4 80486 processors,
>> so it should smoke decently (it's EISA).
>
>I don't have any answers, but smoke is one thing I usually try to avoid
>when dealing with electronics :-).

Actually smoke is of fundamental importance to modern electronics.  As
soon as you let it out your equipment stops working.