[comp.unix.i386] SCO Unix 3.2 - mmdf routine 'cleanque' dumps core when run

john@beaudin.UUCP (John Beaudin) (07/02/90)

Any comments/similar experiences/solutions? Thanks.
--
My .signature is awaiting apropriate display technology

martin@hppcmart.HP.COM (Martin Croome) (07/03/90)

john@beaudin.UUCP (John Beaudin)  writes
> Any comments/similar experiences/solutions? Thanks.
> --
No. It works fine for me. SCO UNIX 3.2.0f + UFA 1.0 + UNX-162. Are all your
permissions ok?

> My .signature is awaiting apropriate display technology
> ----------

Martin CROOME                        !'s      - hplabs!hpgnd!hppcmart!martin
Hewlett Packard                      @'s      - martin@hppcmart.grenoble.hp.com
Grenoble Personal Computer Division  HPDesk   - Martin CROOME / HP6300/K1
Technical Mktg - Online Support

woods@eci386.uucp (Greg A. Woods) (07/10/90)

In article <100008@hppcmart.HP.COM> martin@hppcmart.HP.COM (Martin Croome) writes:
> john@beaudin.UUCP (John Beaudin)  writes
> > Any comments/similar experiences/solutions? Thanks.
> > --
> No. It works fine for me. SCO UNIX 3.2.0f + UFA 1.0 + UNX-162. Are all your
> permissions ok?

Dumping core does not seem to be an appropriate response to a
permissions problem.

My initial run-in with mmdf on SCO UNIX 3.2 was not an entirely happy
one.  It seems to be a bit of a dog, requiring several su's just to
add a new UUCP site, and the setup programme seemed to be complaining
about a whole lot of nonsense.  Can't mmdf run uuname for itself, or
even look in Sysfiles/Systems?

Actually, adding a new UUCP connection to SCO UNIX is a real pain in
the butt all round!

Anyway, once I grubbed through all the nonsense, it seemed to work, at
least locally and one-way.
--
						Greg A. Woods

woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP
+1-416-443-1734 [h]  +1-416-595-5425 [w]    VE3-TCP	Toronto, Ontario CANADA