[comp.unix.i386] LINK COUNT TABLE OVERFLOW

Is there any way of telling the root fsck to use a bigger link count
table? I'm tired of re-fsck-ing root after a crash.

Software: Bell Tech V.3.2u
Hardware: Compaq Deskpro 386/16
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.

larryp@sco.COM (Larry Philps) (07/13/90)

In article <OCM4N_9@xds13.ferranti.com> peter@ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>Is there any way of telling the root fsck to use a bigger link count
>table? I'm tired of re-fsck-ing root after a crash.
>
>Software: Bell Tech V.3.2u
>Hardware: Compaq Deskpro 386/16

In a word: No.  Sorry.

If I recall correctly, the size of the link table is set only to 20.  We had
this problem before and had to recompile fsck will a bigger table in order to
fix our filesystems.  Easy if you have the source, the constant is MAXLNCNT
(or something close), impossible if you don't have the source.

---
Larry Philps,	 SCO Canada, Inc (Formerly: HCR Corporation)
Postman:  130 Bloor St. West, 10th floor, Toronto, Ontario.  M5S 1N5
InterNet: larryp@sco.COM  or larryp%scocan@uunet.uu.net
UUCP:	 {uunet,utcsri,sco}!scocan!larryp
Phone:	 (416) 922-1937
Fax:	 (416) 922-8397