[comp.unix.i386] mailx question

harley@cs.utexas.edu (Harley Hahn) (07/09/90)

Could someone please answer the following question about mailx?
(The Sys V mail program.)

When mailx displays a message, the last line in the header is
"Status".  Typical lines are:

What does this mean?  What are the possible statuses that one might see?
Where is this documented?  I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

gsn@sclcig.uucp (Georg Nikodym) (07/11/90)

In article <9830@cs.utexas.edu> harley@cs.utexas.edu (Harley Hahn) writes:
>Could someone please answer the following question about mailx?
>(The Sys V mail program.)
>
>When mailx displays a message, the last line in the header is
>"Status".  Typical lines are:

I'm not exactly sure what the difference between R and RO is but those
lines are inserted by mailx after you have read a particular piece of
mail.  This is how mailx decides what to put in front of the message
list (N means new, U means unread, and " " means that you've read it)
when you start mailx or use the h/z commands.

| Georg S. Nikodym  -  (416) 442-2238                                       |
|                                                                           |
| Southam Business Information and Communications Group, Don Mills, Ontario |
| gsn@sclcig.UUCP -or- ...!uunet!attcan!telly!moore!sclcig!gsn              |
| "The floggings will continue until morale improves" -Jose Castel-Branco   |

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (07/15/90)

In article <9830@cs.utexas.edu> harley@cs.utexas.edu (Harley Hahn) writes:
	  ^

	 read