[comp.unix.i386] G++ 1.37.1 for ESIX

bir7@portia.Stanford.EDU (Ross Biro) (07/14/90)

I've just completed compiling gdb, gas, g++, and libg++ for ESIX using the
coff/stab patches available from sequent.  The only problem I've noted so
far is that gdb often gets the line numbers wrong.  I've made the sources
and binaries available for anon ftp from 36.102.0.32.  Now the question
is can someone get groff working.

	Ross Biro bir7@portia.stanford.edu

mb@ttidca.TTI.COM (Michael Bloom) (07/16/90)

In article <1990Jul14.001604.5034@portia.Stanford.EDU> bir7@portia.Stanford.EDU (Ross Biro) writes:

>I've just completed compiling gdb, gas, g++, and libg++ for ESIX using the
>coff/stab patches available from sequent.  The only problem I've noted so
>far is that gdb often gets the line numbers wrong.

I tried sending you mail, but it bounced.

please send me a more complete description of how the line numbers are wrong,
a uuencoded copy of "small_object.o" and output from running
	dump -t small_object.o
	dump -l small_object.o
	dump -t linked_file
and
	dump -l linked_file
where "small_object.o" is the smallest object file that you have this problem
with, and "linked_file" is an executable linked from small_object.o.

I may be able to determine the cause of the problem by examining those
files.

bir7@amy5.stanford.edu (Ross Biro) (07/18/90)

I've just been informed that my ftp demon has not been accepting requests
like it should.  It seems that after a while, it just gives up.  I'm going
to set up a cron file to restart it every few hours.  So if you have trouble
connecting to ypig.stanford.edu (36.102.0.32) try again later, or use
telnet to see if you can connect to my machine at all.

	Ross Biro bir7@portia.stanford.edu