[comp.unix.i386] SIlly question ..

tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (HIM) (07/18/90)

I know , I know .. it's probably just me.

Before I go on , PLEASE EMAIL replies so that the net.bandwidth waste will
be minimal.

I am trying to do color screens under ETI curses with the menu library. The
problems are several..

Cureses doesnt ALWAYS notice that the console can do color.

How do I clera a screen TO a specific color ?? (I can set the attributes BY
CHARACTER and string .. do I have to write a " " to EVERY posoition once ??
Clear doesnt do it).

The MENU stuffalways runs on a black backround.

Any code appreciated.

========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]========
= "The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a    =
= soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with     =
= an idea." - computer saying. (from The Wizardry Compiled by Rick Cook)   =
============= Ken Jamieson: uunet!tronsbox.xei.com!tron1  ==================
= NONE of the opinions represented here are endorsed by either             =
= Xanadu Enterpises or its clients, AT&T Bell Labs or others.              =
==== The Romantic Encounters BBS 201-759-8450(PEP) / 201-759-8568(2400) ====

In article <26a36af5-6cbcomp.unix.i386@tronsbox.xei.com> tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (HIM) writes:
>Before I go on , PLEASE EMAIL replies so that the net.bandwidth waste will
>be minimal.

You, the guy with the 8 line .sig file which, more often than not, is larger
than the message that you are posting, are worrying about net.bandwith?

                                                Sterling, VA 22170