[comp.unix.i386] AutoCAD

I have seen AutoCAD for SCO, and I have seen AutoCAD for DECWindows (a lot
like X-windows), so I've gotten to wondering:

Is there an Xwindows version of AutoCAD out there for (any brand) of Unix on
a '386 machine? If so, which brand?

If not, are there any plans for it? SCO?

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,

mort@dhump.lakesys.COM (Marty Wiedmeyer) (08/10/90)

In article <2687@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
>I have seen AutoCAD for SCO, and I have seen AutoCAD for DECWindows (a lot
>like X-windows), so I've gotten to wondering:

	DECwindows is the window manager. The server is X11R3
	(kinda).

>Is there an Xwindows version of AutoCAD out there for (any brand) of Unix on
>a '386 machine? If so, which brand?

	Nope.

>If not, are there any plans for it? SCO?

	Nope.

	The only X client port of acad is on the DECstation. (The
	optimized version for the DS5000 _screams_!!)

	I have heard this from reliable sources (I work for an acad
	dealer).

	At the present time there are no others in the works. They
	_may_ think there is not much demand. If you'd like to see a
	port of acad to run in X under UNIX on a 3/486, tell your
	local dealer & write to ADESK. If enough people make noise, it
	may speed it up. They are plenty busy preparing release 11
	for 4Q90.

--
Marty Wiedmeyer				INTERNET: mort@dhump.lakesys.com
3473 N. Fratney St.  			BANG: uunet!marque!dhump!mort