[comp.unix.i386] ISC installpkg

tim@comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) (08/10/90)

A few days ago I posted a plea for help involving installing TCP.  The
install script was erasing /etc/conf/cf.d/mdevice.  I think I can shed
some light on it.  It seems that if I install TCP before any after
market drivers TCP installs just fine.

The first time I installed unix, I said "no" to building a kernel all
the way through and when I installed the Consensys drivers they must
have crippled the kconfig stuff because later when I built my first
kernel before the Consensys (Port Board drivers) stuff everything
seems fine.

Can someone from ISC point out why this might be?

Anyway everything seems to be fine as long as the first kernel you
build is done by an ISC install of some kind, ie: kconfig or an ISC
package such as TCP or NFS.

Tim Brown
towers!comcon!tim

tpf@jdyx.UUCP (Tom Friedel) (08/11/90)

tim@comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:

>A few days ago I posted a plea for help involving installing TCP.  The
>install script was erasing /etc/conf/cf.d/mdevice.  I think I can shed
>some light on it.  It seems that if I install TCP before any after
>market drivers TCP installs just fine.

I have also observed this problem when using /etc/insdriver to (re)install
a already existing driver.

tom friedel

--
Tom Friedel  JDyx Enterprises (404) 320-7624 tpf@jdyx.UUCP
Unix BBS:  (404) 325-1719 <= 2400 ; (404) 321-5020 >= 2400