[comp.unix.i386] Getting rid of 'Press Return to Continue' under VPIX?

tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) (08/20/90)

In article <1990Aug20.055217.4743@apt.bungi.com> brian@apt.bungi.com (Brian Litzinger) writes:
>I would prefer if VPIX did not ask 'Press Return to Continue' and expect
>a 'Return' when exiting back to unix.

The simplest way to prevent this is to pipe the output.

	dos -c 'chkdsk' | cat -u

But note that this doesn't work well in interactive situations.  Best
for process steps.
--
Never believe anything until it has been  [__   Tom Neff
officially denied. -- Claud Cockburn         ]  tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM

brian@apt.bungi.com (Brian Litzinger) (08/20/90)

I would prefer if VPIX did not ask 'Press Return to Continue' and expect
a 'Return' when exiting back to unix.

It comes about as a result of doing a command like:
    vpix -r vpix -c /usr2/ldbin/make15

Am I doing something wrong?  I couldn't find any reference to this in the manual.
Help.

-brian
<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  brian@apt.bungi.com      {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian
<>
<>  "For it is the doom of men that they forget." - Merlin
--
<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  brian@apt.bungi.com      {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian
<>  VOICE: 408 377 9950      FAX: 408 377 0374
<>  Disclaimer: Above are my opinions and probably wrong.