[comp.unix.i386] Re^2: Adaptec 1542B under ESIX?

jdm1@eds1.UUCP (Jon McCown) (08/15/90)

rick@tmiuv0.uucp writes:

>In article <2074@sud509.ed.ray.com>, heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com writes:
>> Is anyone out there using an Adaptec 1542B with ESIX?  One person reported
>> using a 1542A, but I'd like to find out about the 1542B ...

I am using a 1542B, but experienced some difficulties with my Rev C ESIX.
Tech support noted that Rev D fixes my problems with the floppy drive
(among other things).  For the mean time I am back on the WD MFM controller
and a tiny drive.  (waiting for Rev D.

- Jon

--
             J.D. McCown - RCSG Director - Senate of Pennsylvania
psuvax1!eds1!jdm1    (this space intentionally     "Your lupins or your life!"

heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com (08/17/90)

In article <581@eds1.UUCP> jdm1@eds1.UUCP (Jon McCown) writes:
>rick@tmiuv0.uucp writes:
>
>>In article <2074@sud509.ed.ray.com>, heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com writes:
>>> Is anyone out there using an Adaptec 1542B with ESIX?  One person reported
>>> using a 1542A, but I'd like to find out about the 1542B ...
>
>I am using a 1542B, but experienced some difficulties with my Rev C ESIX.
>Tech support noted that Rev D fixes my problems with the floppy drive
>(among other things).  For the mean time I am back on the WD MFM controller
>and a tiny drive.  (waiting for Rev D.

I just ordered my copy of Esix ... I was assuming I'll receive
Rev D, since the copy hasn't even arrived at the distributor yet.
Is this a safe assumption?

--
Bill Heiser
	Work:   heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (08/20/90)

In article <2140@sud509.ed.ray.com>, heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com writes:
> I just ordered my copy of Esix ... I was assuming I'll receive
> Rev D, since the copy hasn't even arrived at the distributor yet.
> Is this a safe assumption?

Yes, that's a safe assumption.  I believe they're shipping Rev. D only, now.
Oh, and you'll like Rev. D.  I do!  (I've had B and C, too)
[- O] Rick Stevens, Technology Marketing Incorporated
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction."