[comp.unix.i386] "Logical Connection" multiport card

heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com (08/20/90)

Someone around here has a "Logical Connection" multiport serial/parallel
port card available for a good price.  Does anyone know if this card
could be used to provide multiple ports (the card has 8 serial ports)
for an Esix system on a 386/25?  I need ports for modems and terminals,
and this would be a relatively cheap way to do it.

If this won't work, what's a good (and inexpensive) way to get at least
4 ports, but more likely 6 for future expansion?)

Thanks,
bill
--
Bill Heiser
	Work:   heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com

cws@janus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver) (08/22/90)

In article <2161@sud509.ed.ray.com>, heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com writes:

> Someone around here has a "Logical Connection" multiport serial/parallel
>
> If this won't work, what's a good (and inexpensive) way to get at least
> 4 ports, but more likely 6 for future expansion?)

Try the 4 port board made by DFI (MMU 4?).  It uses a single interupt for
multiple ports and the FAS driver supports it.  AKA AST 4 port.  I found it
in a funky ad buried deep in a Computer Shopper magazine.

	Craig W. Shaver

Quotron Systems Inc.    | Phone: (213) 302-4247
5454 Beethoven Street   | uucp: trwrb!scgvaxd!janus!cws
Post Office Box 66914	| craig@tradr2.quotron.com
Los Angeles, CA 90066   |

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (08/26/90)

cws@janus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver) writes:

>Try the 4 port board made by DFI (MMU 4?).  It uses a single interupt for
>multiple ports and the FAS driver supports it.  AKA AST 4 port.  I found it
>in a funky ad buried deep in a Computer Shopper magazine.

from what vendor in the shopper and for how much?

            uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry@nstar
     Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 lines/PEP/HST/Hayes-V)

cws@janus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver) (08/29/90)

In article <1990Aug25.232743.10310@nstar.uucp>, larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
> cws@janus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver) writes:
>
> >Try the 4 port board made by DFI (MMU 4?).  It uses a single interupt for
> >multiple ports and the FAS driver supports it.  AKA AST 4 port.  I found it
> >in a funky ad buried deep in a Computer Shopper magazine.
>
> from what vendor in the shopper and for how much?
>

> --
>       Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN USA
>             uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry@nstar
>      Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 lines/PEP/HST/Hayes-V)

I never have these things handy when I need them.  Try an outfit called
PC MORE.  There is another that I just got a flyer from but don't have the
name handy.  The cost should be anywhere from $120 to $150.

	Craig W. Shaver  (call me at the house, 213 - 396 7195)
			 (I'll try to get the data in and post also)
Quotron Systems Inc.    | Phone: (213) 302-4247
5454 Beethoven Street   | uucp: hacgate!janus!cws