[comp.unix.i386] Second Lan Card on ISC 2.0.2

dave@dptechno.uucp (Dave Lee) (08/25/90)

I want to install a second WD lan card in ISC 2.0.2 to use as a bridge
or router for our inhouse networks.  I assume I need a seperate interrupt
io address and shared memory.  I can find no reference in the FM about
how to do this.  The sysadm menus give no hints about a second lan card.
Anyone with any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Please Email.  I will post a summary if enough interest.

--
Dave Lee
uunet!dptechno!dave

support@ism780c.isc.com (Support account) (08/29/90)

In article <569@dptechno.UUCP> dave@dptechno.uucp (Dave Lee) writes:
>I want to install a second WD lan card in ISC 2.0.2 to use as a bridge
>or router for our inhouse networks.  I assume I need a seperate interrupt
>io address and shared memory.  I can find no reference in the FM about
>how to do this.  The sysadm menus give no hints about a second lan card.

The Interactive TCP/IP Version 1.2 docs, shipped w/
the Interactive Unix V2.2 upgrade, includes a new
section titled "Setting Up A Gateway" which covers
this particular issue.

If you do not have this documentation, and have no
plans to upgrade, mail back to this support account
with a mail address or fax number and we'll get it
to you (would love to email it as well, but the only
online copy is in ditroff format - let us know if
that is workable for you).