[comp.unix.i386] memory for Bell Tech orphans

steve@nuchat.sccsi.com (Steve Nuchia) (05/23/91)

I have a couple of Bell Tech 386 boxes that need upgrading.  I don't
really want to buy new motherboards -- I don't need 486 horsepower, but
I do very much need to expand the memory.

So... if anyone has a couple of memory boards, knows of a compatible
board still in production, or knows where I might find one or the
other, I would appreciate a reply.  Thanks.
--
Steve Nuchia	      South Coast Computing Services      (713) 964-2462
	"Innocence is a splendid thing, only it has the misfortune

steve@nuchat.sccsi.com (Steve Nuchia) writes:

>I have a couple of Bell Tech 386 boxes that need upgrading.  I don't
>really want to buy new motherboards -- I don't need 486 horsepower, but
>I do very much need to expand the memory.

We had an old (probably older than yours) MPE and added an 8MB card.  The
card info follows:

	Card:		JRAM-386-2
	Manufacturer:	Tall Tree Systems
			2585 East Bayshore Road
			Palo Alto, CA 94303

			(415) 493-1980

	Distributor:	Scherstad Systems, Inc.
			7808 Glenroy Road
			Bloomington, MN 55435

			(612) 921-0900

NOTES:

	1. This info is from August 1988
	2. I doubt we had the same motherboard (ours was one of the original
	   Intel 386 motherboards that was hardware incompatible with the
	   387), but at least this would be a good starting point.

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170