[aus.computers.amiga] a4.sty & article.sty

krooglik@ecr.mu.oz.au (06/05/91)

  I am not quite sure how this works, but how does one use the article
format AND the a4 format at the same time? i.e., How can I load
both?

! Alex Krooglik					krooglik@grunt.ecr.mu.oz.au
! Chemical Engineering
! University of Melbourne
! Melbourne, Australia

steve@cs.uow.edu.au (Stephen Cliffe) (06/05/91)

krooglik@ecr.mu.oz.au writes:

>  I am not quite sure how this works, but how does one use the article
>format AND the a4 format at the same time? i.e., How can I load
>both?

How about something like:

\documentstyle [a4,12pt]{article}

Works for me in LaTeX on our Sun's, but hey, TeX is Tex right?

Steve.

massa@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Janich) (06/05/91)

krooglik@ecr.mu.oz.au writes:

>  I am not quite sure how this works, but how does one use the article
>format AND the a4 format at the same time? i.e., How can I load
>both?
\documentstyle[a4]{article}
So easy!

>! Melbourne, Australia

Why do you need a German size in Australia?

--

   Michael Janich, Uni Paderborn, United Germany

jrm@alpha.ma.adfa.oz.au (John R Marley) (06/06/91)

> krooglik@ecr.mu.oz.au writes:

>>  I am not quite sure how this works, but how does one use the article
>>format AND the a4 format at the same time? i.e., How can I load
>>both?
> \documentstyle[a4]{article}
> So easy!

>>! Melbourne, Australia

> Why do you need a German size in Australia?

Because in Australia A4 paper is the standard size for photocopiers, laser
printers etc...   We are more like Europe than the US, i.e. our TV's are PAL,
not NTSC, we use metres, kilometres etc.., not miles and inches, ...

> --
>    Michael Janich, Uni Paderborn, United Germany
--
     John Marley      | Maths Dept, Uni College, |
jrm@maadfa.adfa.oz.au |   U.N.S.W.,  A.D.F.A.,	 |	     =8^)

massa@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Janich) (06/09/91)

jrm@alpha.ma.adfa.oz.au (John R Marley) writes:

>> krooglik@ecr.mu.oz.au writes:

>> Why do you need a German size in Australia?

>Because in Australia A4 paper is the standard size for photocopiers, laser
>printers etc...   We are more like Europe than the US, i.e. our TV's are PAL,
>not NTSC, we use metres, kilometres etc.., not miles and inches, ...

But you drive on the left side, don't you?