[comp.sys.cdc] B.B. King info needed

David.Bell@egsgate.FidoNet.Org (David Bell) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May2.202416.28920@cci632.cci.com> rdz@cci632.cci.com (Robert
D. Zarcone) writes:
>I am looking for the name of the B.B. King song that has the following
hook:

>"I gave you seven children, and now you want to give them back."

The song is called "How Blue can you get". Other lines are:

"I gave you a brand new Ford, You said you wanted a Cadilac",
"I bought you a $10 dinner, you said it was nothing but a snack",
"I let you live in my penthouse, you said it was nothing but a shack".

>I would like to know what CDs I would find this song on.

The only CD I have this on is "Live at the Regal". I also have it on the
albums "Live at Cook County Jail" and "The Best of B.B. King" (same cut as
"Live at the Regal" if memory serves). I don't know if these albums have
made it to CD form yet.

>I also need to know which CDs would have a selection of like styled music.

You might try checking out some Albert King. "King of Blues Guitar" is a
good one to get, and it's available on CD.

>suggestions for a "be-all and end-all" B.B. CD would be appreciated.

"Live at the Regal" is a good choice for the definitive early B.B. King
sound. This recording inspired a whole generation of guitarists including
Eric Clapton, Peter Green, and Mike Bloomfield.

>Thank you.
>
>Rob Z.

Your Welcome. Hope this was of some help.

--
Dave Bell

Sea Change Corporation
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada