[net.auto] id AA13068; Tue, 20 Mar 84 17:48:02 est

jeff@tesla.UUCP (Jeff Frey) (03/21/84)

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 84 17:48:02 est
From: jeff (Jeff Frey)
To: auto@net
Subject: Yet another mileage report: Morgan Plus 8 and Honda Express

My Plus 8 gets about 25mpg (3.5litre engine) but will soon get 0mpg
since it feeds on leaded 100-octane gas (10:1 compression ratio).
The 25mpg is in mostly suburban and road driving and little moderaton
is used at red lights, where the 0-60 time of 6.5 seconds or so really
pays off).

My Honda Express never got more than 70mpg which really made me mad.
Sure needs streamlining and some wind-tunnel tests.

Anybody know where I can get high-test leaded gas?  Octane boosters
are OK but what am I going to do about the lead, and my valves?
J. Frey