[sci.military] Books by Dupuy

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) (04/06/89)

From: creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps)
In article <5387@cbnews.ATT.COM> Bill writes:

>[mod.note:  Col. Dupuy co-authored "The Encyclopedia of Military
>History" with another Dupuy, his father, I believe.  I'll try to check
>at home tonight to be sure.
>
>Also, I believe T.N. Dupuy has another book, "Understanding War"
>on a similar topic.

   My father and I have a set of books by Trevor Nevitt Dupuy entitled, "The
Military History of World War II." Very nice to have. It's about sixteen
volumes, if I remember correctly (I only have vols 11-14 with me at this
time), about 80+ pages a volume. It covers many aspects of the war, and
the volumes are arranged by event rather than chronologically (each has its
own title). Land battles, naval battles, campaigns, strategic direction,
leaders, etc.

   Some publisher info:

The Military History of World War II
Trevor Nevitt Dupuy, COL, U.S. ARMY, RET.
Copyright 1964 by Franklin Watts, Inc.
575 Lexington Avenue	New York 22
Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 62-7382