[sci.military] ATF/ATB/A-12

mjt@super.org (Michael J. Tighe) (05/22/89)

From: Michael J. Tighe <mjt@super.org>
Article 1392 in sci.military:

From: fiddler@Sun.COM (Steve Hix)
From: eclam@maytag.waterloo.edu (Edmund C. Lam):

> Can anyone shead any light on this "rumour".  Who makes this "A-12" and
> what are its capabilities?  Does anyone have information about the
> ATB(B-1B replacment) and ATF(F-14/F-15/F-16 replacement)?

Lockheed made the A-12 "Blackbird" during the early sixties.

* This is a different A-12. The plane is made by Northrop I think.
Check back issues of AW&ST for more info (4-6 months or so).

* I thought the ATB was the B2.

* The ATF (and ATA) is a joint effort in which aircraft companies are
paired up with each other. I cannot recall who is on what side. I
think the designations are YF-22 and YF-23. I am sure someone else can
supply the details.

Mike Tighe
mjt@super.org