[sci.military] Northrop F-20 & Israel

de@cs.rochester.edu (Dave Esan) (06/15/89)

From: moscom!de@cs.rochester.edu (Dave Esan)

In article <6836@cbnews.ATT.COM> dlj@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (david.l.jacobowitz) writes:
>Oh well, maybe the Israelis will decide to buy some F-20s...

I doubt it.  The Israelis are refurbishing their F4 Phantoms, creating what
they call the Phantom 2000.  They are also quite pleased with their purchased
F-14's, and with their home made Kfirs.

--
 -->        David Esan                rochester!moscom!de

shafer@drynix (Mary Shafer) (06/16/89)

From: Mary Shafer <shafer@drynix>
Dave Esan (moscom!de@cs.rochester.edu) writes:

>From: moscom!de@cs.rochester.edu (Dave Esan)

>In article <6836@cbnews.ATT.COM> dlj@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (david.l.jacobowitz) writes:
>>Oh well, maybe the Israelis will decide to buy some F-20s...

>I doubt it.  The Israelis are refurbishing their F4 Phantoms, creating what
>they call the Phantom 2000.  They are also quite pleased with their purchased
>F-14's, and with their home made Kfirs.
 ^^^^

Those F-14s are F-15s and F-16s.  I believe that only Iran ever bought
F-14s.  The F-14 doesn't really fit in the IAF the way the F-15 and
F-16 do.

--
M F Shafer                                |Ignore the reply-to address
NASA Ames-Dryden Flight Research Facility |Use shafer@elxsi.dfrf.nasa.gov

NASA management doesn't know what I'm doing and I don't know what they're
doing, and everybody's happy this way.