[sci.military] True fighters Re: F-4

IA80024%MAINE.BITNET%CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Nicholas C. Hester) (06/29/89)

From:    "Nicholas C. Hester" <IA80024%MAINE.BITNET%CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
I guess since fighters can't have air to ground capabilities that means the US
doesn't have any TRUE fighters in it's arsenal. Unless we have any Delta Darts
running around...

=Nick=
ia80024@maine.bitnet
ia80024@maine.maine.edu

military@cbnews.ATT.COM (William B. Thacker) (07/05/89)

From: Michael J. Tighe <lll-winken.llnl.gov!uunet!super!mjt>
In article <7855@cbnews.ATT.COM> you write:

>From:    "Nicholas C. Hester" <IA80024%MAINE.BITNET%CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
>I guess since fighters can't have air to ground capabilities that means the US
>doesn't have any TRUE fighters in it's arsenal. Unless we have any Delta Darts
>running around...

The F-15 never had air-to-ground capability until only recently. In fact,
the motto of the F-15 was "not a pound for air to ground".
--
-------------
Michael Tighe

aws@vax3.iti.org (Allen W. Sherzer) (07/06/89)

From: aws@vax3.iti.org (Allen W. Sherzer)

In article <7933@cbnews.ATT.COM> military@cbnews.ATT.COM (William B. Thacker) writes:
>The F-15 never had air-to-ground capability until only recently. In fact,
>the motto of the F-15 was "not a pound for air to ground".

Not true. The F-15 has always had air to ground capabiltiy. It is not as
good as other attack or fighters but it is there. This is according to the
F-15 flight manual and the F-15 Air to Ground Weapon Delivery Manual.

   Allen
|  Allen Sherzer                      |  PEACE                             |
|  aws@iti.org                        |  through superior firepower        |