[sci.military] sci.military Digest V2 #80

military@amdcad.amd.com (08/29/89)

From: Carl Rigney (moderator) <military-request@amdcad.amd.com>

sci.military Digest  Mon, 28 Aug, 1989   Volume 2 : Issue 80

Today's topics:

  Inappropriate topics (Moderator)
  Re: Depleted Uranium (John DeArmond)

From: military-request@amdcad.amd.com
Subject: Inappropriate topics

The Land Battleship has provoked a flurry of responses, including
references to the wargame OGRE.  I think science fiction wargames are
better dealt with on rec.games.board, so I'll request followups to go
there.  If anyone has strong feelings one way or the other on this
matter they're welcome to write to military-request@amdcad.amd.com and
argue their case.  Perhaps I'll relax my standards, but in my early
days as moderator I'd rather err on the side of a strict interpretation
of the sci.military Charter:

	sci.military exists for the discussion of military technology
	and related subjects.  Certain peripheral topics, including
	history, tactics, organization, and theory are welcome to a
	limited extent, but are considered "guests" in the "sci"
	heirarchy;  such postings should be factual,  interesting, and
	as brief as possible, and will be rejected if they are in any
	way inflammatory.  Arms control discussions properly belong in
	soc.politics.arms-d, and are not appreciated here.

Note especially the keywords "military technology" and "factual", not just
"interesting."

So, anyone have any interesting facts about military technology to share? :-)

--
Carl Rigney
Moderator, sci.military