[sci.military] The Hawk missile

drk@MIT.EDU (David R. Kohr) (09/21/89)

From: David R. Kohr <drk@MIT.EDU>
With all of the recent discussion on sci.military about air-to-air missiles,
I began to wonder a little about ground-to-air missiles, specifically
the Army's Hawk missile.  Could someone please give a brief overview
of the history, capabilities and specifications (speed, range, calculated
PK, size, weight, launch method, etc.), performance in actual combat (if
any have been used in combat), and so forth, of the Hawk.

Thanks,

David R. Kohr   M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory    Group 45 ("Radars 'R' Us")
	email:	KOHR@LL.LL.MIT.EDU   or   DRK@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
	phone:	(617)981-0775 (work),   (617)527-3908 (home)

gwh%sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (George William Herbert) (09/22/89)

From: gwh%sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (George William Herbert)
In article <27389@amdcad.AMD.COM> drk@MIT.EDU (David R. Kohr) writes:
>With all of the recent discussion on sci.military about air-to-air missiles,
>I began to wonder a little about ground-to-air missiles, specifically
>the Army's Hawk missile.  [Questions about range, combat performance etc.]

I don't have the range off hand, but the combat performance in the hands of
the Israelis and Iranians has been good; better than any other missile used.

--
George William Herbert  UCB Naval Architecture Dpt. (my god, even on schedule!)
maniac@garnet.berkeley.edu  gwh@ocf.berkeley.edu