[sci.military] span

msb@sq.sq.com (Mark Brader) (10/27/89)

From: Mark Brader <msb@sq.sq.com>
Just for the record...

> The Bay Bridge, a portion of which collapsed in the quake, has
> one span from San Francisco to Treasure Island and the other from
> Treasure Island to Oakland.

..."span" should be "section" or some other non-technical term.
The SF-TI section actually has about 6 spans, and the TI-Oakland
section at least 3.  There are additional spans on TI itself.

Mark Brader		   "... there is no such word as 'impossible' in
SoftQuad Inc., Toronto	    my dictionary.  In fact, everything between
utzoo!sq!msb		  'herring' and 'marmalade' appears to be missing."
msb@sq.com	    -- Douglas Adams:  Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency