[sci.military] Ammo load

curt@ai.mit.edu (Curtis Fennell) (11/24/89)

From: curt@ai.mit.edu (Curtis Fennell)
   Date: Wed, 22 Nov 89 08:09:46 -0800
   From: Wendell Joost <dirtybob@blake.acs.washington.edu>

   Skipper, I think you made a slight typo.  The basic 03-Humpalot
   load is between 80 and 100 pounds, not 200 pounds.  If we had to
   carry 200 pounds we would not be able to make 20 miles per day.

   Wendell M. Joost III, (Cpl, USMC 1983-1987)

How right you are. I think I meant to say 'rounds', not 'pounds', but
when I used to watch you poor grunts hump through the swamps at Camp
Lejeune from my comfy, warm tank, it sure looked like 200 pounds to
me!!. (Of course, I never had any trouble packing 200 pounds of personal
gear in the bustle rack of my M60A1) ;-).

T'anks for the correction....

Semper Fi.

Curt Fennell, Captain, USMCR.

Curt Fennell   (617) 253-9667	        "I'd take a bromo, but I can't
AI Lab, MIT                              stand the noise"
Cambridge, MA 02139    			"It is not enough to succeed,
curt@ai.mit.edu			         others must fail"

woody@eos.arc.nasa.gov (Wayne Wood) (11/30/89)

From: eos!woody@eos.arc.nasa.gov (Wayne Wood)

In article <11701@cbnews.ATT.COM> curt@ai.mit.edu (Curtis Fennell) writes:
>From: curt@ai.mit.edu (Curtis Fennell)
>   Date: Wed, 22 Nov 89 08:09:46 -0800
>   From: Wendell Joost <dirtybob@blake.acs.washington.edu>
>
>   Skipper, I think you made a slight typo.  The basic 03-Humpalot
>   load is between 80 and 100 pounds, not 200 pounds.  If we had to
>   carry 200 pounds we would not be able to make 20 miles per day.
>
>   Wendell M. Joost III, (Cpl, USMC 1983-1987)
>

>Curt Fennell, Captain, USMCR.

basic combat load (ammunition) used to be 350 *rounds*.  but i never complained
if my team carried more... :-)

W.C. Wood (SGT. USMC '72-'81)

the difference between a war story and a fairy tale is this:

the war story starts out "this ain't no shit..."
and the fairy tale starts out "once upon a time..."

*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody@eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/