[sci.military] Impossible Actions

tek@CS.UCLA.EDU (Ted Kim (Random Dude)) (01/08/90)

From: tek@CS.UCLA.EDU (Ted Kim (Random Dude))

In article <12816@cbnews.ATT.COM> munnari!gara.une.oz.au!pmorriso@uunet.UU.NET (Perry Morrison MATH) writes:

> [ stuff about Beersheba action in WWI ]
>
> ... I'm not sure whether they could be classed as cavalry and
>whether it is regarded as the last cavalry charge in history (well...who
>doesn't make this claim!?).

Even if considered cavalry, it most certainly was not the last charge
in history, since there were recorded instances of charges in WWII.
Perhaps the most famous was the charge of the Polish Uhlan cavalry
against German forces in 1939. (Gee, was that in a "50 years ago"
article?)

-ted

Ted Kim
UCLA Computer Science Department  Internet: tek@penzance.cs.ucla.edu
3804C Boelter Hall                UUCP:    ...!{uunet|ucbvax}!cs.ucla.edu!tek
Los Angeles, CA 90024		  Phone:   (213) 206-8696