[net.auto] TC3 Problem

ajlill@watrose.UUCP (Tony Lill) (04/12/84)

From: watmath!decvax!MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: Unable to deliver mail

This is in answer to a request for more details with regards to a fix
I posted for the TC3 PROBLEM. I had suggested to rewire the fan to
the battery to keep things cool under the hood when you stop the car
for a few minutes.  Some cars have problems running for a few minutes
after this.

Sorry to bother everyone else.
-tony

To: watmath!decvax!felix!joey
Subject: Re: Re: PLYMOUTH TC3 PROBLEM

That is a bit of a tough question to answer over the net. Basicly,  the
system should look something like this:

 ---------    --------  ------   -------
 |battery|----|IGN   |--|    |---|     |------GROUND
 ---------    --------  ------   -------

The thermostat and the fan can be in either order. The whole
idea is to bypass the ignition. If the fan has two wires going to it,
then on of them is probably wired through the ignition, and this is the
on you connect to tthe battery.

The best way is to take a wire and test out the connection you think is right.
I doubt you could break anything this way.

hope this helps. It might be an idea to get a Haynes manual for your car.
They have complete wiring diagrams (usually) and will probably be
the best ten bucks you ever spend on the car.

-tony

--
			Tony Lill
			{allegra,linus,decvax,utcsrgv}!watmath!watrose!ajlill