[sci.military] Info. requested on Lethal Index Value, etc...

aries@rhi.hi.is (Reynir Hugason) (04/10/90)

From: aries@rhi.hi.is (Reynir Hugason)

I'm posting the following request for a friend.
===

I'm not sure where to post this request, but I think/hope I got the
right one.

Can anybody tell me where I can obtain information on models for Lethal
Index Value (NATO, WARSHA packt units) and things regarding to this subject?

I'm writing a combat simulation model and I really need this stuff!!!

So please, if you have it or know where I can find it, I would greatly
appricate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

===
Post scriptum: Please respond by email.

Mimir R. (aries@rhi.hi.is) |
Taeknigardur, Dunhaga 5    | COBOL programmers know why women hate periods.
IS-105, Reykjavik          |
ICELAND                    | DISCLAIMER: Who me?!

rz02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rudolph R. Zung) (04/11/90)

From: "Rudolph R. Zung" <rz02+@andrew.cmu.edu>
>Can anybody tell me where I can obtain information on models for Lethal
>Index Value (NATO, WARSHA packt units) and things regarding to this subject?
>
>I'm writing a combat simulation model and I really need this stuff!!!

A very good book for this kind of information is "Numbers, Predictions and
Games \" (or something like that; send me mail and I'll try to dig up the
correct title etc.) It was part of the HERO project I think.

It has a LOT of numbers including: weapon lethality index, force posture,
air superiority influencing ground ops, terrain and weather effects on
troops...

...Rudy   Names and places have been identified to protect the anonymous.

InterNet: rz02+@andrew.cmu.edu          BITnet  : rz02+@andrew
UUCP    : ...!{ucbvax, harvard}!andrew.cmu.edu!rz02+
R Zung (412) 681-4237 \ CMU Box 231 \ Pittsburgh PA 15213

thornley%LOCAL@umn-cs.cs.cs.umn.edu (David H. Thornley) (04/14/90)

From: thornley%LOCAL@umn-cs.cs.cs.umn.edu (David H. Thornley)
In article <15450@cbnews.ATT.COM> rz02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rudolph R. Zung) writes:
:
:
:From: "Rudolph R. Zung" <rz02+@andrew.cmu.edu>
:>Can anybody tell me where I can obtain information on models for Lethal
:>Index Value (NATO, WARSHA packt units) and things regarding to this subject?
:>
:>I'm writing a combat simulation model and I really need this stuff!!!
:
:A very good book for this kind of information is "Numbers, Predictions and
:Games \" (or something like that; send me mail and I'll try to dig up the
:correct title etc.) It was part of the HERO project I think.

Numbers, Predictions & War by Colonel T. N. Dupuy?
A fascinating little book.  You will have to do your own computations,
though, as Dupuy devotes very little space to values for specific weapons
and units.