[sci.military] Mirimar airshow

aconte@EBay.Sun.COM (Al Conte) (07/24/90)

From: aconte@EBay.Sun.COM (Al Conte)

	I am going to the Miramar Navel airshow on the weekend of
28th of this month. It is very nicely put on, showing things like
air to air refueling right over in front of the crowds, even mock
dog fights with F-14s and F-5s.
I was wondering if anyone new if the Air Force, (who also show up
and show off their hardware), will have the F-117 their for viewing.
I have heard that in some of the midwest shows, it has been put on
exhibition for the general public.

Thanxs in advance,

		       Al

root@uunet.UU.NET (Superuser) (07/25/90)

From: edat!root@uunet.UU.NET (Superuser)

In article <1990Jul23.201017.4297@cbnews.att.com> aconte@EBay.Sun.COM (Al Conte) writes:

>From: aconte@EBay.Sun.COM (Al Conte)
>
>I was wondering if anyone new if the Air Force, (who also show up
>and show off their hardware), will have the F-117 their for viewing.
>I have heard that in some of the midwest shows, it has been put on
>exhibition for the general public.

Its first public exhibition was at Nellis AFB, in Las Vegas in May
or April.  It was only announced a day or so earlier.  The airlines
reported a substantial jump in late bookings.

It is possible it would be at Miramar.

"If you ain't fallen, you ain't pushin'"-- Randall Grandstaff

Brian Douglass
Electronic Data Technologies
1085 Palms Airport Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119-3715