[sci.military] Rpv Reading/info

ESS100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU (07/25/90)

From: <ESS100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>
I am interested in doing some reading on the subject
of remote piloted vehicles (RPV's).  As yet I have
found very little reading material on the subject.
Can someone out there recommend any books or articles?

Edward  Brault   (Penn State University)
ess100@PSUVM

shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Mary Shafer) (07/27/90)

From: Mary Shafer <shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov>
Try the proceedings of the UVA (Unmanned Vehicle Association).  A little
dry, but very informative.  That book of associations that your reference
librarian has will produce the address.

There's a nice little article about target drones in the new Air & Space.
What a horrid thing to do to an F-4N!

--
Mary Shafer  shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov  ames!skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov!shafer
           NASA Ames Dryden Flight Research Facility, Edwards, CA

Robert.King@p2.f7.n391.z8.fidonet.org (Robert King) (07/30/90)

From: Robert.King@p2.f7.n391.z8.fidonet.org (Robert King)

In a message to All <26 Jul 90 20:07:00> Edward Brault wrote:

 Es> I am interested in doing some reading on the subject
 Es> of remote piloted vehicles (RPV's).  As yet I have
 Es> found very little reading material on the subject.
 Es> Can someone out there recommend any books or articles?

 Es> Edward  Brault   (Penn State University)

Hi Edward!

Try looking for "Lightning Bugs and other Resconnaissance Drones" by
William Wagner, 1982, published by the Armed Forces Journal
International in cooperation with Aero Publishers, Inc., 329 West
Aviation Road, Fallbrook, Ca 92028.

This book deals with Vietnam era pilotless aircraft - both developmental
and operational.

Robert King

N.W. Arkansas' UUCP to FidoNet Connection. If you are interested in connecting
up Contact Kenneth Whelan.   Addresses  postmaster@palace or at 1:391/9(Fido)

97.6 % of All Statistics are Made UP