[sci.military] Miramar NAS Airshow

baldwinj@manta.nosc.mil (Justin D. Baldwin) (07/28/90)

From: baldwinj@manta.nosc.mil (Justin D. Baldwin)

Contrary to the rumors I passed along earlier (properly labeled as such),
there is NO stealth aircraft and NO MiG-29 here at the Miramar airshow.
--
>From the catapult of:               |+| "If anyone disagrees with anything I
   _, J. D. Baldwin, Comp Sci Dept  |+| say, I am quite prepared not only to
 __||____:::)=}-  U.S. Naval Academy|+| retract it, but also to deny under
 \      / baldwin@cad.usna.navy.mil |+| oath that I ever said it." --T. Lehrer
I AM A GUEST ON NOSC.MIL FOR THE SUMMER.  PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF MY REPLY ADDRESS!

dkrause@orion.oac.uci.edu (Doug Krause) (07/31/90)

From: dkrause@orion.oac.uci.edu (Doug Krause)
In article <1990Jul28.160928.1524@cbnews.att.com> baldwinj@manta.nosc.mil (Justin D. Baldwin) writes:
#
#Contrary to the rumors I passed along earlier (properly labeled as such),
#there is NO stealth aircraft [...] here at the Miramar airshow.

Are you sure?  :-)

Douglas Krause                     One yuppie can ruin your whole day.
University of California, Irvine   Internet: dkrause@orion.oac.uci.edu
Welcome to Irvine, Yuppieland USA  BITNET: DJKrause@ucivmsa

jharkins@uunet.UU.NET (Jim Harkins) (07/31/90)

From: sagpd1!jharkins@uunet.UU.NET (Jim Harkins)

In article <1990Jul28.160928.1524@cbnews.att.com> baldwinj@manta.nosc.mil (Justin D. Baldwin) writes:
>Contrary to the rumors I passed along earlier (properly labeled as such),
>there is NO stealth aircraft and NO MiG-29 here at the Miramar airshow.

Although I didn't go this year, I understand there was a stealth fighter there.
At least the Navy had chocks around it's wheels and a ladder going into it's
cockpit.  The plane itself was in it's "stealth" mode and sure 'nuff, was
invisible for hundreds of yards....

--
jim		jharkins@sagpd1

Some people play hard to get.  I play hard to want.