[sci.military] F-19 and the F-21

zarda@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Dr. Strangelove) (07/27/90)

From: zarda@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Dr. Strangelove)

F-21 is the Israeli made Kfir fighter. Used mainly
in simulations because its flight characteristics simulate
those of Soviet aircraft. Based in Virginia and Arizona, I believe.

F-19
   I remember an interview with Tom Clancy shortly after the F-117a was
unveiled. He said something to the effect that, "what we are now
seeing is just the first generation of stealth technology. There is
most likely a second or third generation all ready started."

Could the the real F-19 be sitting out in the desert somewhere?
I think so. As I have heard, there has been a steady rumor of an
"aurora" project and I wouldn't doubt that there is a F-19 project
hidden somewhere.

While were on the subject of stealth technology, what happened to
the Soviet stealth project. A Mig 37?

--
 Dr. Strangelove               "Berlin is the testicles of the West.
 U.Wisconsin Milwaukee         Each time I give them a yank, they

sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) (07/31/90)

From: sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney)
In article <1990Jul27.015749.22529@cbnews.att.com>, zarda@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Dr. Strangelove) writes:

>F-19
>   I remember an interview with Tom Clancy shortly after the F-117a was
>unveiled. He said something to the effect that, "what we are now
>seeing is just the first generation of stealth technology. There is
>most likely a second or third generation all ready started."

Second generation Stealth is seen. It's called the B-2. Second generation
because it has smooth curves instead of all the nasty edges the '117 has.
Also same the same design principles are used on the Advanced Cruise
Missile (Smooth curves, no sharp edges).

>Could the the real F-19 be sitting out in the desert somewhere?
>I think so. As I have heard, there has been a steady rumor of an
>"aurora" project and I wouldn't doubt that there is a F-19 project
>hidden somewhere.

"Aurora" is the rumored replacement to the SR-71. It is alleged to fly at
100,000 feet @ Mach 5. Some speculate that it is an unmanned drone, others
say it's got a pilot. It could be an evolutionary growth of the D-21 drone.
Only your government and the Soviet moles know for sure ;-)

>While were on the subject of stealth technology, what happened to
>the Soviet stealth project. A Mig 37?

This sounds like a rumor gotten off of a Testor model kit.