[sci.military] Information needed

craigbe@idsvax.ids.com (Craig Balme) (08/03/90)

From: craigbe@idsvax.ids.com (Craig Balme)
Can anyone relate to me any information on CID, MI, or flying helicopters in
the army?  Particularly what are the requirements?  What do helicopter pilots
do when they are not flying?  Buff floors?  How about MI (military
intelligence), what do they do?  What do you have to do to get a job in MI, or
CID? (criminil investigation division)....thanx

       Craig

major@uunet.UU.NET (Mike Schmitt) (08/15/90)

From: bcstec!shuksan!major@uunet.UU.NET (Mike Schmitt)

In article <1990Aug3.031232.20192@cbnews.att.com>, craigbe@idsvax.ids.com (Craig Balme) writes:

> From: craigbe@idsvax.ids.com (Craig Balme)
> Can anyone relate to me any information on CID, MI, or flying helicopters in
> the army?  Particularly what are the requirements?  What do helicopter pilots
> do when they are not flying?  Buff floors?  How about MI (military
> intelligence), what do they do?  What do you have to do to get a job in MI, or
> CID? (criminil investigation division)....thanx
>
>        Craig

  The Military Intelligence Branch is divided into two major fields;
  Combat Intelligence and Signals Intelligence.  Combat Intelligence
  includes the following skill/jobs:

  1) Order of Battle Analyst.    Analyzing effects of Enemy, Weather, Terrain
                                 on combat operations. To gather intelligence.

  2) Photo Interpreter.          Analyzing aerial recconnaisance photography.
                                 To gather intelligence.

  3) Counterintelligence Agent.  Security investigations.
                                 To protect against intelligence gathering.

  4) Interrogator.               Interrogate Prisoners of War
                                 To gather intelligence.

  Signals Intelligence has to do with a variety of electronic and
  communications intelligence.

  Criminal Investigaton Division (CID) is part of the Military Police Branch.

  1) Uniformed MPs perform a variety of Security functions.

  2) MPI (MP Investigators - next step up) conduct initial investigations
     of complaints, traffic accidents on base, minor criminal activity.

  3) CID (sorta like the detectives in a Police Department) conduct
     investigations on major criminal incidents (murder, rape, robbery etc).

  If you need further details about these skills - email me a request.

  Hope this helps.

  mike s.