[sci.military] US Attack on Libya

barrey@ka.excelan.com (Barrey Jewall) (08/31/90)

From: barrey@ka.excelan.com (Barrey Jewall)
In article <1990Aug29.014406.7218@cbnews.att.com> jon@cs.washington.edu
(Jon Jacky) writes:

>In fact most of the F-111's assigned to that target were
>not even able to make their bombing runs, due to technical problems, and one
>of those that tried went far off course, bombing a residential neighborhood
>near the French embassy instead.

>Jonathan Jacky, University of Washington, Seattle jon@gaffer.rad.washington.edu

Isn't it strange that a bomb hit the French Embassy just after they denied
the US the right to overfly French territory on the way to Libya.

As Sam Kinison says "Hey, Thanks for letting us fly an EXTRA 6000 AIR MILES!!!"

Now, I certainly wouldn't say that it was deliberate without some kind of proof,
but it is interesting speculation.

Barrey

--
+ Barrey Jewall                 ++ "My opinions are my opinions" +
+ barrey@novell.com	        ++ (rather self-evident, eh?)    +