[sci.military] Mosquitoes

"Stephen C. Woods" <scw@ollie.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> (10/30/90)

From: "Stephen C. Woods" <scw@ollie.SEAS.UCLA.EDU>
In article <1990Oct22.040454.19150@cbnews.att.com> Adrian Hurt writes:

>From: Adrian Hurt <adrian@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk>
>In article <1990Oct15.033615.12299@cbnews.att.com> ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) writes:
>>I still [...] fjord. I expect most were models, but..

'es not dead, 'es pinin' for the fijords.

>That's "633 Squadron".  603 Squadron was a real live squadron of Spitfires;
>I think it's safe to assume that all the Mosquitos seen in combat scenes
>in "633 Squadron" were models, especially the ones that were damaged or
>destroyed!  [...

Well unfortunatly the producers of ^633 squadron saw fit to destroy one
of the 5 (2 ground runners, 3 flying) Mossies that they had available.
The scene where the landing aircraft is shotup and taxies into a petrol
bowser used a real (non flyable) aricraft.  According to the aero modeling
magazine (the name escapes me ) the owners were, to say the least, livid.

<scw>
-----
Stephen C. Woods; UCLA SEASNET; 2567 BH;LA CA 90024; (213)-825-8614
UUCP: ...!{ibmsupt,hao!cepu}!ollie}!scw  Internet:scw@SEAS.UCLA.EDU