[sci.military] HAVE BLOCK

wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil (SANDE WALLFESH) (11/01/90)

From: "SANDE WALLFESH" <wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil>

> In addition to PAVE, can anyone say anything about the naming
> conventions for the HAVE programs (HAVE QUICK, HAVE DASH, etc) and
> other similarly named programs?

Although I don't know about the naming conventions for HAVE programs,
here's information on one particular program: HAVE BLOCK.

The heart of HAVE BLOCK, first briefed by the Plans and Programs Office at
Eglin (XR-3) in 1985, was a mechanical diverter consisting of sheets of
plexiglass to be placed between bombs in storage configuration. The program's
intent was decreasing the energy of fragments that might strike other bombs
stored nearby. Various configurations of MK 82 bombs have been tested, with
mixed results, using HAVE BLOCK.

Sande Wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil