[sci.military] Thrust reversers

ESVENSSON%brage.qz.se@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU (Erik Svensson) (11/19/90)

From: Erik Svensson <ESVENSSON%brage.qz.se@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU>
Mary Shafer and Ted Kim writes:
>> (Mary Shafer) writes:
>>Fighters and bombers don't have thrust reversing.  Some have
>>drag chutes, though.
>
>Don't some versions of the Tornado have thrust reversers?
>
>-ted

All versions of the Tornado uses thrust reversers, as do the Swedish fighter
Viggen. I think it's more correct to say that US fighters and bombers
don't use reversers.

Erik Svensson
Guided Weapons Division
National Defense Research Establishment
Stockholm, Sweden

net.address: esvensson@brage.qz.se

rqdms@lims02.lerc.nasa.gov (DENNIS STOCKERT) (11/20/90)

From: rqdms@lims02.lerc.nasa.gov (DENNIS STOCKERT)
>>> (Mary Shafer) writes:
>>>Fighters and bombers don't have thrust reversing.  Some have
>>>drag chutes, though.

There IS a US research program that has a fighter aircraft with a
vectoring, thrust reversing nozzle... the aircraft is a modified F-15
Eagle

* Dennis Stockert              *  The meek shall inherit the earth;   *
* rqdms@lims01.lerc.nasa.gov   *  the rest of us will go to the stars *
****************************************** Aviation Week **************
*  No one that knows me would mistake my opinions for those of        *
*                 any respectable organization                        *

valdes@andy.bgsu.edu (oscar Valdes) (11/22/90)

From: oscar Valdes<valdes@andy.bgsu.edu>

RE: Mary Shafer's statement "fighters and bombers don't have thrust reversers"

	Isn't the YF-22, at present at the prototype stage, equipped
with thrust reversers?

magnus%thep.lu.se@Urd.lth.se (Magnus Olsson) (11/22/90)

From: magnus%thep.lu.se@Urd.lth.se (Magnus Olsson)
In article <1990Nov20.020623.25836@cbnews.att.com> rqdms@lims02.lerc.nasa.gov (DENNIS STOCKERT) writes:

>From: rqdms@lims02.lerc.nasa.gov (DENNIS STOCKERT)
>>>

>There IS a US research program that has a fighter aircraft with a
>vectoring, thrust reversing nozzle... the aircraft is a modified F-15
>Eagle

The Swedish Saab 37 Viggen fighter, operational since the early seventies,
has a thrust reverser.

Magnus Olsson                   | \e+      /_
Dept. of Theoretical Physics    |  \  Z   / q
University of Lund, Sweden      |   >----<
Internet: magnus@thep.lu.se     |  /      \===== g
Bitnet: THEPMO@SELDC52          | /e-      \q