[sci.military] Military analysts

bjohnson@athena.mit.edu (Brett W Johnson) (01/10/91)

From: bjohnson@athena.mit.edu (Brett W Johnson)

What kind of books are available in the open literature that would
prepare one to be a military/intelligence analyst?  I read a fair
bit of military history, but what else do I need?  I am looking
for both subjects (statistics, game theory, etc) and specific
titles.

--
Brett W. Johnson
---

wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil (SANDE WALLFESH) (01/12/91)

From: "SANDE WALLFESH" <wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil>

> From: bjohnson@athena.mit.edu (Brett W Johnson)
> What kind of books are available in the open literature that would
> prepare one to be a military/intelligence analyst?  I read a fair

One title of potential interest is _Evidence and Inference for the
Intelligence Analyst_ by David Schum, University Press of America,
1987. Schum's two volumes, intended for intelligence analysts and
persons who support intelligence analysis, focus on the inferential
process of drawing conclusions from evidence.

Sande Wallfesh           |   "If it's stupid but works, it isn't
Dynamics Research        |    stupid."        -- Amphibious Warfare
wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil   |                       Review, Spring '89