[sci.military] Reloading BB's with Tomahawks

v059l49z@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Paul C Stacy) (01/23/91)

From: v059l49z@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Paul C Stacy)

I was wondering how long it takes to reload a battleship (or other ships using
the armored box launcher the BB's use) with Tomahawks after firing them.

Can it be done at sea?

				Paul "Joe Friday" Stacy

(Side note:  I'm thinking of becoming a journalism major now that the war has
started.  Watching the military 'experts' the tv networks use, I can't believe
some of what I hear.  Some of the info they give for the various weapons get
downright outrageous.  I can understand it from the orindary reporters, but
not the supposed experts.  I certainly don't know everything about the
military, but I think I could do better than they are.

Secondly, since each network seems to have 50 different experts each, they
must be raiding VA hospitals to get so many.  (-:  )

hall@EBay.Sun.COM (Scott Hallmark) (01/24/91)

From: hall@EBay.Sun.COM (Scott Hallmark)

In article <1991Jan23.033749.1658@cbnews.att.com>, v059l49z@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Paul C Stacy) writes:

>I was wondering how long it takes to reload a battleship(or other ships using
>the armored box launcher the BB's use) with Tomahawks after firing them.>
>Can it be done at sea?

 To answer your second question first. The answer is, Yes, Tomahawks can
 be loaded into ABLs"Armored Box Launchers" while the ship is underway.
 That is of course, weather permitting.

 Now for your first question, with perfect conditions i.e.(pierside,
 avaliable crane services) 1 bird takes about 45 minutes.

 Scott Hallmark ex EW1(SW) plankowner BB-63, Golden Shellback Etc.