[sci.military] Zumbooruks still in use in the gulf?

jtchew@csa2.lbl.gov (JOSEPH T CHEW) (02/05/91)

From: jtchew@csa2.lbl.gov (JOSEPH T CHEW)
>region, I was just wondering if there are currently
>any zumbooruks in use by the warring factions.  Has

>[mod.note: ... "Zumbooruks (Pers. Zumboor, "wasp"). Diminutive
>swivel artillery, carried on the backs of camels."  - Bill ]

Sounds like camel abuse compared to a recoilless weapon like an RPG
or a shoulder-fired SAM.  But I'll betcha that before it's all over
our troops learn, once again, to keep an eye on the (apparently)
indigenous civilian personnel as well as the uniformed enemy!

--Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"