[sci.military] Helicopter Info needed!

cs126061@cs.brown.edu (David M. Suarez) (02/28/91)

From: cs126061@cs.brown.edu (David M. Suarez)

I am looking for the types of engines used by the
AH-1, OH-58, and OH-6, and/or their manufacturers.
I would also appreciate the engines' specs (or
some literature on them).

Also, I have some helicopter engine questions:

1. Can a turboshaft engine be modelled with the same equations as a turboprop?
2. Would anyone know of any literature on modeling helicopter engine performance?
	(along the lines of mathematical equations for sfc and thrust, etc)
3. Would anyone know how to calculate pressure losses through the inlet
	particle separator?

I'd appreciate any information.
Thanks a lot!

\David M. Suarez

swilliam@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Steve Williams) (03/05/91)

From: swilliam@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Steve Williams)

>I am looking for the types of engines used by the AH-1, OH-58, and
>AH-6, and/or their manufacturers.

Bell Model 209 HUEYCOBRA, SEACOBRA and SUPERCOBRA
AH-1G, AH-1J, AH-1Q, AH-1S, & AH-1T:
Powerplant: 2 General Electric T700-GE-401 turboshafts, each rated at
	    1,690 shp.

Bell Model 209 SUPERCOBRA
AH-1W:
Powerplant: 2 General Electric T700-GE-401 turboshafts, combined output
	    in excess of 3,200 shp)

Bell Model 209 HueyCobra (Modernized Versions)
AH-1E, AH-1F, AH-1P, AH-1S and TH-1S (Night Stalker):
Powerplant: One Textron Lycoming T53-L-703 turboshaft, rated at
	    1,800 shp.