[sci.military] Persian Gulf casualties

bds@linus.mitre.org (Barry D. Smith) (03/06/91)

From: bds@linus.mitre.org (Barry D. Smith)
Recently someone posted a listing of Coalition casualties in the Gulf.
The numbers posted were so out of line with anything else I have seen
that I didn't take them seriously.  However, it did get me thinking
about the subject, and I wonder if there is any way of verifying the
remarkable Coalition figures.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

travis@cs.washington.edu (Travis Craig) (03/13/91)

From: travis@cs.washington.edu (Travis Craig)

In article <1991Mar6.035313.21279@cbnews.att.com> bds@linus.mitre.org (Barry D. Smith) writes:

>Recently someone posted a listing of Coalition casualties in the Gulf.
>. . . and I wonder if there is any way of verifying the
>remarkable Coalition figures.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

I saw something about 400 bodies stored somewhere.  Where are all the
families who are coming up short a member or two?  The lists of the dead
are published in newspapers (at least in the NYT).  I think we will hear
very soon if there really are four times that number of bereaved families.