[sci.military] Allied casualties

amr@ecn.purdue.edu (Amr J. Mahmoud) (03/05/91)

From: amr@ecn.purdue.edu (Amr J. Mahmoud)
There are reports from the Iraqi embassy in Jordan giving a few estimates on
Allied casualties before the ground war started.
In tha battle of Khafjeh, it was estimated that aroud 1800 soldiers from Qatar
wre killed and 213 American , 28 Saudi and 400 Qataries were taken
prisoners of war. It is also estimated that the Iraqies also have more than
100 Aliied pilots as prisoners of war.  Going back to  Khafjeh, The Iraqies
also captured more than 50 Allied tanks all in perfect working condition.
There were also reliable reports comming from Iraq that a lot of the tanks
and scud mobile launchers that were destroyed were actually decoys.  It is
estimated that the Iraqies have more than 3000 mobile launchers.
There was also another small battle before Khafjeh in a town called Arar
in which the French casualties were estimated at 1800 killed.  I have
had reports comming that the French commander there was called back to France
 for further investigation of the incident.  In about a week or so I should
have some numbers on the aliied casualties in the latest ground war.

I also have this reliable true story comming from Jordan.  Apparently, a
Jordanian nurse was working in a Saudi hospital when she said she discovered
about 400 dead American soldiers all put in freezers.  The Saudies caught
her and expelled her from Sausi Arabia after giving her the beating of her life.
This is all I have right now.  As I said, I need more time to get more info.

rog@zombie.dtc.hp.com (Roger Haaheim) (03/13/91)

From: rog@zombie.dtc.hp.com (Roger Haaheim)

If the Coalition is willing to admit to friendly fire casualties
why would they try to cover up enemy fire casualties?

amoss@shum.huji.ac.il (Amos Shapira) (03/13/91)

From: Amos Shapira <amoss@shum.huji.ac.il>
From amr@ecn.purdue.edu (Amr J. Mahmoud)
[lots of stories and "facts" about allaid casualties deleted]

>I also have this reliable true story comming from Jordan.  Apparently, a
>Jordanian nurse was working in a Saudi hospital when she said she discovered
>about 400 dead American soldiers all put in freezers.  The Saudies caught
>her and expelled her from Sausi Arabia after giving her the beating of her
>life. This is all I have right now.  As I said, I need more time to get more
>info.

Yes, I know this is way out of the scope of the group, but people read about it
and I think I might enlighten a bit about this "info".

This info (and I especially remember the above story about the nurse) was
reported also in Israeli newspapers as legends which circulated among the
palestinians to raise their moral.

Just to give you another example about the reliability of this info, one
of the most succesfull legends was that Israel have transfered hundreds
of palesitinians from the Ansar-3 (Ktziot) prisoners camp to the area of
the reactor near Dimona, though they couldn't explain why this action
wasn't advartised, reducing its effect to zero.....

And about the casualties, there is a picture in the previews TIME issue
(March 4th) showing a wounded american soldier in a copter, crying after
learnning that the bag near him contains one of his crew members.

Sincerely,
Amos Shapira
C.S. System Group
Hebrew University