[sci.military] Enemy Equipment

jbasara@uunet.UU.NET (jim basara) (03/13/91)

From: ssdc!jbasara@uunet.UU.NET  (jim basara)

Along the same lines, I've heard that the Air Force has a set of OpFors
(I forget the name of the unit) who train in Soviet Tactics, speak in Russian,
and may even fly Soviet Aircraft.  In addition to providing a realistic
training scenario, I was told that the unit had an operational mission
of carrying out operations disguised as a Soviet aircraft.  Can anyone
confirm this???

jim basara
uunet!ssdc!jbasara

dth@shark.cis.ufl.edu (David Hightower) (03/14/91)

From: dth@shark.cis.ufl.edu (David Hightower)

In article <1991Mar13.004102.8276@cbnews.att.com> ssdc!jbasara@uunet.UU.NET (jim basara) writes:

>Along the same lines, I've heard that the Air Force has a set of OpFors
>(I forget the name of the unit) who train in Soviet Tactics, speak in Russian,
>and may even fly Soviet Aircraft.  In addition to providing a realistic
>training scenario, I was told that the unit had an operational mission
>of carrying out operations disguised as a Soviet aircraft.  Can anyone
>confirm this???

Might you be talking about Red Flag?  If so, it most definitely
exists...

Dave
Dave Hightower		|    opinion? I'm allowed to have an opinion?
dth@cis.ufl.edu		| well, if I DID have one, it'd be mine, all mine!