[sci.military] Tours of NASA Dryden and Edwards AFB

shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Mary Shafer) (03/15/91)

From: Mary Shafer <shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov>
David Gardiner writes:

>I am looking for information on tours of Edwards Air Force base
>and related facilities (Dryden, etc.).  I corresponded with Mary
>Schaeffer a year and a half ago but mail sent to that address now
>bounces.  Any info would be appreciated.

The mail probably bounced because of all those spurious letters in
Shafer!

Anyway, now that the war is over and ThreatCon Bravo has ended, the
tours are back.

The NASA Ames-Dryden Flight Research Facility has free public tours,
by reservation, at 1015 and 1315 every federal workday, except when
the Shuttle is about to land or is on the ground here.  For a
reservation, call (805) 258-3446.

Edwards Air Force Base is starting a public tour on 29 March.  Call
(805) 277-3510.

--
Mary Shafer  shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov  ames!skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov!shafer
           NASA Ames Dryden Flight Research Facility, Edwards, CA