[sci.military] Information request

jbasara@uunet.UU.NET (jim basara) (03/18/91)

From: ssdc!jbasara@uunet.UU.NET  (jim basara)

Can someone point me to a good source of information about Soviet weapon
systems that includes information such as the types of radars that
are used on specific SAMs and other weapon platforms?????

thanks in advance,

jim basara
uunet!ssdc!jbasara

my opinions are my own and not those of my company unless they make money!

smpod@venus.lerc.nasa.gov (Stefan) (03/19/91)

From: smpod@venus.lerc.nasa.gov (Stefan)
In ssdc!jbasara@uunet.UU.NET (jim basara) writes...
>Can someone point me to a good source of information about Soviet weapon
>systems that includes information such as the types of radars that
>are used on specific SAMs and other weapon platforms?????

An excellent book is "Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army" by D.C. Isby.
It is published by Jane's Publishing, 1988 and has about 500 pages.
A sample of the Table of Contents:

The Soviet way of war
Command and organisation
Order of Battle
The offensive
The defence
Soviet tactics in action: Afghanistan and the Third World
Tanks
Anti-tank weapons
Artillery
NBC
Air defence
Infantry weapons
Signals, intelligence and electronic warfare

smpod@venus.lerc.nasa.gov (Stefan) (03/20/91)

From: smpod@venus.lerc.nasa.gov (Stefan)