[sci.military] Chinese military

chana@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Andy Chan) (04/07/91)

From: chana@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Andy Chan)

Does anybody know where I can find new books on the armed forces of the Peoples
Republic of China.  I'm talking about specialty books, not the crap you can buy
at B'Daltons.  If anybody knows where I can get this information, would you
please send me EMAIL?

Thanks a lot,

/Chan*Man/

cmort@ncoast.org (Chris Morton) (04/11/91)

From: cmort@ncoast.org (Chris Morton)

>From: chana@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Andy Chan)
>Does anybody know where I can find new books on the armed forces of the Peoples
>Republic of China.  I'm talking about specialty books, not the crap you can buy
>at B'Daltons.  If anybody knows where I can get this information, would you
>please send me EMAIL?

There's a huge picture book available on the Chinese military.  I think it's
called "Teeth of the Dragon" or something similar.  I believe it was published
BY the PLA, so don't expect any criticism.  What it DOES have is a LOT of
large, clear, COLOR pictures of all aspects of Chinese military life.  There
are a lot good uniform and equipment photos, as well as equipment drawings
in the back I believe.  I've found it in a hobby shop and a serious bookstore
in the Cleveland area.  If you can find it here, you ought to be able to get
it wherever you are.

cmort@ncoast.org --- Chris Morton
"These are the only opinions that I could afford."