[sci.military] Weapons of the World

pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Paul Ford) (04/07/91)

From: pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Paul Ford)

	I'm looking for information on the following subjects, can
anyone suggest some good references?

1> The specs on the various small arms and MGs of the world militaries.
	I am particularly interested in weight, type of ammo, muzzle
	velocity, effective range, etc.

2> The specs on ATMs and AAMs of the world militaries.  Specifically
	weights of the launchers and missiles, type of rounds,
	effective range, effective armor penetration, etc.

3> The various amounts of armor on AFVs of the various militaries.

4> Weights of the slugs of the various small arms and MG ammunitions
	(both civilian and military).

--
Paul E. Ford
pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu

cmort@ncoast.org (Chris Morton) (04/11/91)

From: cmort@ncoast.org (Chris Morton)

>From: pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Paul Ford)
>1> The specs on the various small arms and MGs of the world militaries.
>	I am particularly interested in weight, type of ammo, muzzle
>	velocity, effective range, etc.

Get "Smallarms of the World" by Edward Ezell.  It's available from Publisher's
Clearing House or Barnes and Noble for a reasonable price these days.

For a comprehensive LISTING, get "Smallarms Today" by Ezell.  It's organized
by country.  The NATO type weapons even include stock numbers!

>2> The specs on ATMs and AAMs of the world militaries.  Specifically
>	weights of the launchers and missiles, type of rounds,
>	effective range, effective armor penetration, etc.

Either "Jane's Infantry Weapons" or "Jane's Guided Missiles(?)".  I forget
which.

>4> Weights of the slugs of the various small arms and MG ammunitions
>	(both civilian and military).

"Cartridges of the World" by Barnes.  A new edition is out.  It also gives
historical and reloading information.

cmort@ncoast.org --- Chris Morton
"These are the only opinions that I could afford."

palm@admin.kth.se (Christer Palm) (04/16/91)

From: palm@admin.kth.se  (Christer Palm)

>From: pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Paul Ford) is looking for:
>1> The specs on the various small arms and MGs of the world militaries.
>4> Weights of the slugs of the various small arms and MG ammunitions
>	(both civilian and military).

SMALL ARMS OF THE WORLD by Edward Climton Ezell on Stackpole Books

--
Christer Palm (palm@admin.kth.se)