[sci.military] more book sources

wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil (SANDE WALLFESH) (05/29/91)

From: "SANDE WALLFESH" <wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil>

Back in March, Bob Pownall <bobp@hpcvnb.cv.hp.com> provided his father's
additions to my growing list of book sources. One of the items included
was:

> Cloak & Dagger Books
> 9 Eastman Ave.
> Bedford, NH 03102      (603) 668-1629
>
> They offer a catalog but it seems to be on a random basis.  They
> specialize in old & out of print books related to the *non-fiction*
> areas of espionage, military intelligence, codes & ciphers,
> guerrilla, terrorism, POW escapes, assassination, and counter-
> intelligence.
>    [some lines deleted]

On a recent mini-roadtrip, I visited Cloak And Dagger. The proprietor
was very helpful and I was pleased with their selection, purchasing an
armload of books that included a first edition of "The Craft of
Intelligence" by Allen Dulles.

In addition, I got a couple of issues of an interesting publication
called "Surveillant: Acquisitions for the Intelligence Professional."
This bimonthly newsletter contains book news and highlights. Its books-
by-subject listing includes headings such as CIA, COMINT, computer
security, cryptology, <various countries>, fiction, FBI, literary
analysis, military, periodicals, propaganda / disinformation, reference,
terrorism, <various wars>, video/audio, business espionage, covert action,
defectors, government documents, policy & ethics, SIGINT / PHOTOINT,
<other INTs>, and tradecraft.

"Surveillant", $48.00 per year and $8.00 for single copies and back
issues, is available from:

	National Intelligence Book Center
	1700 K Street NW
	Washington, DC 20035-6126
	(202) 797-1234

Books discussed in "Surveillant" can be purchased via Olsson's Books
for NIBC (202-337-8084).

Other book news: "Military Book Review", at $2.00 per copy, is supposed
to be (have only seen a blurb about it) a catalogue that also contains
book reviews. For more information, contact Military Book Review, 6482
Jib Court, Boulder, CO 80301.

Saundra K. Wallfesh      |   "Try to look unimportant because the bad guys
Dynamics Research        |    may be low on ammo."   -- Amphibious Warfare
wallfesh@drcvax.af.mil   |                              Review, Spring '89