[sci.military] Air Shows

akcs.shaulp@tronsbox.xei.com (Shaul Peleg) (07/28/90)

From: akcs.shaulp@tronsbox.xei.com (Shaul Peleg)

 Can anyone tell me if there will be any air shows on the east coast during
AUGUST ?

 Thanks!
 - Shaul Peleg

tbs@utopia.calvin.edu (Thomas B. Slager) (04/22/91)

From: tbs@utopia.calvin.edu (Thomas B. Slager)

Does anyone have a schedule of the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels or do you
know where I can get one?  I live in Michigan and was wondering if they were
coming to any of our airshows.

Tom Slager

wb9omc@ee.ecn.purdue.edu (Duane P Mantick) (04/24/91)

From: wb9omc@ee.ecn.purdue.edu (Duane P Mantick)

tbs@utopia.calvin.edu (Thomas B. Slager) writes:
>Does anyone have a schedule of the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels or do you
>know where I can get one?  I live in Michigan and was wondering if they were
>coming to any of our airshows.

	Tom, contact the Public Affairs office at Nellis AFB for the
Thunderbirds.  Usually they will be happy to send you a schedule along with
some other neat stuff, pictures, etc.

Last I knew, the Blue Angels were HQ'ed at Pensacola Naval Air Station
in Florida.  I have never sent a request to them but I cannot help
but think that with interservice-rivalries and all that you wouldn't get
a very similar positive response.  The Tbirds and the Blues are big-time
public recruiting items, so public responses are usually pretty good.

One time when I called T-birds HQ and asked about colors and so forth
to build an F16 kit, they said "no problem...we'll send you some stuff"

And they sent me a batch of color slides and 8x10 pictures of the planes
from different angles.  This was VERY good stuff, and very helpful too.
It was also PROMPT - no foot dragging at that office.

Duane
Go Lockheed!

jfriday@marie.stat.uga.edu (Paul Stacy) (06/01/91)

From: jfriday@marie.stat.uga.edu (Paul Stacy)

I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be an Airshow at Niagara
Falls AFB like last year around June.  I haven't heard any mention of it
up to now.

Also, someone posted some time ago a list of shows.  He said that the
one in Geneseo would be June.  I wrote to him but he didn't respond so
I'll post this.  It's always been in August the past few years (and
possibly eariler than that.)  Could someone confirm when it will be
please?

Thank you.

Paul "Joe Friday" Stacy                  Buffalo State College
STACY54@SNYBUFVA.BITNET - VAX account (preferable if you can)
jfriday@ada.stat.uga.edu - UNIX account (I'm still learning it)

john@newave.mn.org (John A. Weeks III) (06/07/91)

From: john@newave.mn.org (John A. Weeks III)

In <1991Jun6.062815.4586@amd.com> jfriday@marie.stat.uga.edu (Paul Stacy):
> I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be an Airshow at Niagara
> Falls AFB like last year around June.

I did not find a listing for a Niagara Falls airshow this year in any
of my sources.  I did find listings for Fulton, NYC, Rome, and Schenectady.
There is going to be a reunion of the 475 Fighter Group at the Inn of the
Falls on Oct 10-13.  You might want to call the AFB to see if they have
an open house or military display planned.

> Also, someone posted some time ago a list of shows.  He said that the
> one in Geneseo would be June.  I wrote to him but he didn't respond so
> I'll post this.  It's always been in August the past few years.

I blew this one...there is going to be an event in Geneseo on June 9 (a
fly-in and aerobatic display), but Wings Of Eagles will be Aug 16-18.

If you have any interest in warbirds, or want to see an airshow this year,
Wings Of Eagles is an excellent choice.  This is always an excellent show
with the focus on airplanes (rather than on making money).  And the procedes
go to an very good organization--the National Warplane Museum.

--
John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969             john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications, Ltd.                        ...uunet!tcnet!newave!john

wcsswag@ccs.carleton.ca (Alex Klaus) (06/10/91)

From: wcsswag@ccs.carleton.ca (Alex Klaus)

Here is some Air show information for those interested.

The national capital air show, will be here in Ottawa during the Canada Day weekend(June 29-July 1).

It will be held at the Ottawa internaional airport.

When I get some more informaion, about whose appearing etc. I will pass
it along. The Snowbirds are definently appearing during the Air Show.
The do their traditional fly-by of Parliament Hill, on Canada Day.

Alex Klaus <<wcsswag@ccs.carleton.ca>>