[sci.military] ARMS-L lives!

GROSS@bcvms.bc.edu (Rob Gross) (06/18/91)

From: Rob Gross <GROSS@bcvms.bc.edu>

Carl Rigney asks:
> There has been some discussion in the last couple of months from people
> who would like to discuss Arms Control & Treaties & similar matters that
> sci.military's charter doesn't cover.  Would it be OK if I suggested to
> all of them that they try out ARMS-L?

That would be wonderful.  Subscription requests to
     LISTSERV@BUACCA.BU.EDU
meaning that one sends a one-line mail message to that address with
the contents
     SUB ARMS-L Your Name
and submissions go to
     ARMS-L@BUACCA.BU.EDU

If you've got any readers on BITNET, make those addresses
LISTSERV@BUACCA and ARMS-L@BUACCA respectively.

Supposedly, the digest gets distributed to Usenet automatically, but
I'm not sure that this reliably happens, and submissions cannot be
made using pnews/rn/readnews anyway.

--
Rob Gross                             (617) 552-3818 / 787-9593
Department of Mathematics   BITNET:   GROSS@BCVMS

amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) (06/21/91)

From: amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen)
>From: Rob Gross <GROSS@bcvms.bc.edu>
...in discussing a offline arms control, arms discussion group....
>and submissions go to
>     ARMS-L@BUACCA.BU.EDU
>Supposedly, the digest gets distributed to Usenet automatically, but
>I'm not sure that this reliably happens, and submissions cannot be
>made using pnews/rn/readnews anyway.

   There is no reason why pnews/rn/readnews cannot post appropriately with
a listserv group such as this.  If your (anybody) site does not post correctly
with this setup, simply send a nice/polite, short message to the appropriate
local address (such as consult or usenet or postmaster or system or root),
provide them with the correct name of the group which is causing the problem
(generally provided in the Newsgroups field) and tell tham that posting do
not appear to be working, AND this group is 'like' a moderated group with
the appropriate address as shown above (for submissions).  Who ever ends up
managing the pnews/rn/readnews software at your site should make the
appropriate changes (or request them to be made if the problem is off site)
and your in business.
   I know this isn't quite typical for this group, but the information isn't
always readily available when needed....
al

--
Al. Michielsen, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University
 InterNet: amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu  amichiel@sunrise.acs.syr.edu